Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Reece's 4 Month Dr Visit

We had Reece's 4 month apt. today at his pediatricians. I was so curious to see just how big he was since my home scale had him at almost 20lbs.... well, I was way off! He is only 14.11 lbs and is 24in. tall. This puts him in the 50% percentile on weight and 10%-20% on height...in other words, just right :o)

They said he's probably teething which is why he's having a hard time eating and sleeping at the moment. We guessed this was the issue. She said just keep the Tylenol going and maybe a teething tablet if needed. Also, she didn't have any suggestions on his MAJOR issue with the car seat. I told her how he started screaming the moment we strapped him in and she just said, "well, guess he doesn't like it". Um....yeah!! So, pretty much he's just going to have to get use to it because he can't turn the car seat around until he's 20lbs and one year old.


He also did get 4 more shots today. These always worry me because he has to get them subcutaneously (under the skin) instead of the muscle to prevent a bleed. The head nurse Kim always gives them, and she's great! So far so good, no bleeding when the pricks were and he doesn't even seem to be sore.


Other than that, he looks good! Here are a couple of pics of him I took yesterday.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the smiling picture in his fancy outfit!!! I feel your pain with the carseat issues with Reece...hang in there, it will get better.
Love,
Alison