Sunday, January 25, 2009

Camping Full Time

Since Jaime has been exposed to Twilight, I thought I would update everyone on recent activities. Jaime should be finished with the fourth book this week, which means things should return to normal.......or what I would call normal for us.
Recently we discovered that Reece has gotten big enough to get out of his crib. Typically at night or when he is napping is the only time he goes without his helment. In an effort to keep him from having that head injury we always worry about, Reece got himself a year round tent. Take a look, he actually likes it........up until the point we zip him in. Now all he needs is a flashlight and fishing pole.

Speaking of head injuries, Reece recently lost a battle with the wall. Check out this nice little bruise on his forehead. Fortunately we had infused earlier that morning.
Recently, I notice several golf carts in my dad's pasture. After negotiating "a steal" with him, I aquired one of them. It took some work getting it going, but it really has turned into Olivia's favorite pastime. She had her friend over last week and we had quite the adventure.

After high centering on some rocks at the lake behind our house, Olivia and I decided that some adjustments needed to be made. After checking out craigslist, we agreed on a lift kit, new offroad tires, new vinyl and a rear seat so more friends can come along. There is still some work to do, but here is the progress. Olivia just loves driving her kart around the house.

And finally...........I wanted to share an unsolicited piece of advice I received last week when I was in Denver. As many of you know, I travel quite a bit which keeps me from home a couple days each week. An old friend reminded me of this to keep our priorities in check:

When it comes to Money: You can earn it, steal it, find it, win it, inherit it, and more...
When it comes to Time: Time is non-negotiable.....

No comments: