Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas

Well, it was so much fun planning for Christmas this year with both kids! Poor Reece got Olivia's cold though so he hasn't felt great this week. Santa was good to them this year. All Olivia wanted for Christmas was MAKE UP, believe it or not. Needless to say, David and I weren't too thrilled about that so we asked Santa to go easy on the make up and add a few other items in as well. Reece got several some toys that he could play with sitting up and using his hands. I will say though, that sister has been MORE than helpful with showing him how each work. I secretly think she likes his stuff as much as he does :o) Olivia also received a ton a doll house items which have been such a hit! She has her doll house that Alicia gave her, all fixed up with dolls and furniture!


I think my favorite gift of Christmas (besides Dad's metal detector) was the gift that Olivia picked out for mom from World Vision. I saw this organization featured on Good Morning America awhile back, and they showed how you could donate specific goods like livestock or clothing to help families in third world countries. So, I showed Olivia the catalog and she selected to give a family 5 ducks in moms name. The ducks provide eggs for eating and the family can sell the chicks at local market for money. They gave us a print out to wrap also. It was so neat!
We did the traditional Christmas Eve at David's parents house. I was a little worried with Reece being sick how he would do, but he was great! We had a wonderful dinner (Jan I still want the potato casserole recipe) and all received tons of great gifts! Christmas morning we had here which was so cute. Olivia told me the night before that she had changed her mind and that she didn't want Santa to come. She asked me to please call and let him know. I knew it was the idea of some man in our house that freaked her out a little bit. So on Xmas morning, she peeked out of her room and asked if I ever called him. When I said no, she was so relieved :o) After we opened our gifts and had breakfast we went to my parents house for lunch and of course, more gifts. It was a really a great Christmas! Here are some pics below. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday as well!


Gammy & Papa with the Girls

Missy, Dave, & John

Matching Jammies

Santa's Spread
Santa Reece with his new train

Ears Dad, Fix my ears!

THE MAKE-UP!

Taking it all in


Xmas Day at Mom & Dad's


Seek & Find books...our fave


The metal detector....time to find more treasure!


Dave waiting patiently


The caterpillars to go with the butterfly garden

Pam, Olivia & Joyce

No comments: