Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What's Reece Into These Days?

Okay, that statement is really more of an accusation than a question, coming from me, but I thought it was appropriate. Our little Reece is into EVERYTHING these days to be specific. Since we had his port surgery in October and began prophy shortly after we LUCKILY have not had any bleeds or major injuries that required a trip to the doc. I know it's just a matter of time, but so far so good! He has had a couple of minor falls that we gave a higher dose than normal, and a call to the doc., but we didn't have to go in. This is really amazing since he has turned out to be even more of a dare devil that Olivia was (didn't know that was possible). All my hopes of him being laid back and calm for the sake of safety are out the window :o) He is 100% boy and goes at everything with a big (mischievous smile) and at a dead run.

We did have some blood work done just after Christmas to send off for genetic testing. We are going to find out where in his genetic make-up his mutation occurred then we will compare that to mine to find out if he received the "mutated gene" from me or not. This matters because if he did get it from me, then Olivia has a chance of also being a carrier. I'm trying to not worry about that until we know for sure if is was me or not.

Other than this, Reece has been a normal wild almost 2yr. old. I feel so much better about letting him do all the climbing, running, and jumping that he wants when I have his factor right inside the house (and his helmet on). If I know we're going to have a big day, I just infuse him and go on with our life. It's such a comfort knowing we have that ability now! Here are a few pics of him and what he's doing these days.


I discovered this talent while doing laundry one day....yes scary!

Playing Silly String with Sister Wearing Daddy's Hat We play with EVERY toy in the box! He sits in the wagon the way HE wants to!

2 comments:

Lilye said...

The silly string picture is so cute. Aaron and Isac had a silly string war yesterday. Aaron was ok until it got on him. He told us it would mess up his shirt. Like night and day.

joanne said...

He is just too cute!!