Wednesday, February 18, 2009

9 Years and Counting

Well...............Jaime has successfully put up with me for 9 years. Tomorrow is our official anniversary, but I will be in Florida, so we did some celebrating today. I was thinking this afternoon of all the places we've been and things we have done. I still cannot believe that she let me move her around the country for seven years before finally settling down back near home. I suppose the net result in being back in TX near family makes it all worth while.

So............as my tribute to my awesome wife Jaime, I am making additions to a previous post from early last year. This post is being made under no duress, alcohol or narcotics. (last post was done after a visit to Dr Richard Chop and heavy medication........or that is what it was blamed on) Back by popular demand, here is what I love about Jaime Cowan:

She lets me work a well-paying, life-draining job so that she can work a no-paying, life-changing job -- The only time I don’t miss her is when I’m with her -- She doesn’t realize that I don’t deserve her -- She understands my jokes and thinks they’re funny….or really dumb -- She doesn’t hold it against me (for long) when she thinks that I’m mean to her -- She talks a lot…….A Lot -- She indulges my bizarre ideas -- She makes the best brownies in the world -- She takes me out of my comfort zone -- She showed me how much I could be loved -- She’s my best friend -- She recognizes when traditions are irrelevant and meaningful and important -- She can laugh at herself -- She can laugh at me -- I can laugh at her….well sometimes. -- Her laugh triggers an endorphin release in my brain. -- She’s the most intuitive and emotionally intelligent person I know -- She still has a temper -- She’s comfortable and content being herself -- She puts a lot of thought into every gift she gives -- She taught me how to treat her the right way (I’m still learning) -- She’s a great cook -- She likes my grilling -- People like me better when they know she approves of me -- She listens as well as she talks -- She loves games, she’s very competitive, and she likes that I’m competitive as well, because seriously, what’s the point of playing a game if you’re not trying to win? -- She has not yet completely flipped out over my habit of biting my nails – She lets me open doors for her -- I brag about her to my friends and family -- I pat her rear every time I walk past her and she still looks at me funny like I did something wrong -- She says the funniest, most random things when she’s asleep -- She’s an amazing friend, to me and to everyone -- She’s kind to children and small animals -- She helps me dress in a socially appropriate manner -- She has this tiny little shirt that, uh, never mind…-- She’s both humble and confident -- She has beautiful penmanship -- Her beauty and the force of her presence do not allow me to ever take her for granted -- She takes care of me even when there’s no reason for it -- Her come-hither expression makes me weak in the knees – She is the most amazing mother -- She gave us Olivia…….and still agreed to have Reece -- She appreciates children’s sense of wonder/humor -- She can recognize a crazy ambition in me, and she lets it run its course rather than actively squelching it -- Everyone in my family absolutely loves her -- She lets me hold the TV remote even though she hates the way I use it – She can recognize a pre-60’s car or truck and point it out before me -- She still calls her parents everyday -- I can’t imagine life without her.

I know that each of you enjoy having her in your lives just as much as I do.
Dave

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

awww, that was so sweet David! Happy Anniversary!

Jaime said...

I love you too Babe! See you on Friday! Happy Anniversary

Lilye said...

Wow that was sweet. Happy Anniversary.

Melissa said...

Dr. Richard Chop? Ha Ha. Happy Anniversary to you both.

Cindy said...

Sweetest post ever!! Happy Anniversary you two!

Kathy said...

That was so sweet. Happy Anniversary!