Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whoo Hoo!!

Well, I had my first successful port access this morning! This is my first attempt after the disaster a couple of weeks ago. It was much easier this time, as his swelling was gone (which allowed me to feel the port easier) and his skin was not irritated. I got it on the first stick and completed his factor treatment. We did have a couple of nurses holding him down because he was crying pretty hard, but once he realized it didn't hurt and the toy we were showing him, he was fine. I'm going to go back a couple more times having the nurse there for my security, but I'll bet we're doing it at home in a couple of weeks. I was so excited, I picked up a little McDonald's on the way home for a celebratory lunch :o)

4 comments:

M.Kay said...

YAY Jaime! I've been praying for you guys! I'm so glad you had a better experience this time around and I'll bet you're doing it at home before you know it too! Congrats girl!

Lilye said...

Awesome! You are a strong person Jaime. Way to go!

Lindsay said...

That's great! You'll be a pro before you know it. And nothin like a Big Mac for a celebration!

sarasarasara said...

I am so happy to hear this! Is he severe? Evan is moderate, so I have always thought that the port wouldn't be for us.