Thursday, October 30, 2008

Doing Great

Okay, well, I don't want to jinx things, but I did Reece's first infusion at home today and it went GREAT! I was shaking like a leaf because Tuesday at our Hemo. doctor after his infusion his site bled for about 10 min. straight and he was screaming like crazy. Our doctor wants us to come in on Monday for an inhibitor test which I'm a little nervous about. She also said that if after today's infusion it bled again like that I needed to come into the hospital. SOOOO, no pressure on mom. Since David is in Phoenix this week for work I had my mom come over to help me. Thank goodness, it went really smooth. We turned on his Monster Inc. movie and strapped him into the high chair and he never moved. The numbing cream must have worked because he never even blinked when I stuck him. Also, luckily, he didn't bleed at all afterwards. Just popped a band aid on there and put him down for nap. No biggie.

Thank you so much to my friend Marsha in California for her suggestions and words of encouragement. It really helped make this first experience at home great.

1 comment:

sarasarasara said...

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well with his infusions. I would be scared to death! Is that a bump on his face?

I also want to let you know that seeing pictures of Reese in the camo helmet made me decide to get the same one for Evan. I love it so much!