Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Update

Well, sorry I'm a little delinquent getting an updated added. With Reece being hooked up to his tubes and a POLE to drag around. We can't even leave him unattended in his crib unless he is sound asleep or he ends up tangled up. I've also had some trouble accessing the Internet here. On Wed. night we had a REALLY hard time sleeping. The nurses kept having to come in and attend to him which woke him up EVERY time. After the last vital check at 4:30 am yesterday he decided it was time to just be awake for the day. We weren't able to get him to nap until around 10am and I just held him for the hour to make sure he stayed asleep. Needless to say, yesterday we were all pretty worthless. The good news is that I was able to persuade his doc to give us some Benedryl for bedtime last night and I have renamed it....liquid GOLD. He slept like a champ and so did I. I made David go home to sleep though because he was a typical guy and was WAY too loud on Wed. night. So when he came back this morning, I went home for a quick shower and to wash some of Reece's blankets. I feel like a new woman today. I'm so excited also that today is Pet Therapy day so be on the look out for some pics of Reece with the dogs.

On a medical note, his port is looking good and his recovery is also going smoothly. He hasn't shown any signs of pain, on the contrary, he seems like he's 100%. If all continues smoothly we are set to go home Sunday still. David and I are taking some lessons from the nurses about how to access his port at home to administer his factor treatments. So far, it seems a little overwhelming, but I know we will get the hang of it. I'll be trying to get another post in either tonight or tomorrow sometime. Thank you all so much for your prayers and support. It makes such a difference when you have such wonderful people helping out!

Here are some pics of Reece over the last couple of days. All I have to say is, thank goodness for DVD players!!!

Reece being silly

Snack time

Port Pic

Bath time

Monster Inc is his fav

3 comments:

Wendy Hanson said...

Hi Jamie!!

So glad to hear that the surgery went well! We've been thinking about you all! Keep positive! :)

Love,

Wendy and Christian

Lilye said...

Thanks be to God for a great outcome. I am glad to hear the surgery went well!

Lilye

Cindy said...

What a little trooper! He's such a sweetie. Its so good to hear that he is doing so well. Im sure it will even be better once you are all home. Hugs to you all!