Sunday, September 21, 2008

Big Weekend

Well, we have had a very hectic weekend. First, one of my closest friends, Natalie, got married this weekend in Dallas. As a bridesmaid, I went up on Friday for the rehearsal before the ceremony on Saturday evening. David came up Saturday for the ceremony while the kidos stayed with my parents. The wedding was amazing and Natalie could not have looked more beautiful. I'll have some pictures to post in the next day or so of all of this. When the reception was over around 11pm, David and I saw that I had a missed call from my mom at around 10:30. I knew something was up when I saw how late she was calling. Sure enough, she had left a message that there had been an accident and they were on their was home from the ER. Apparently, Reece was just walking through the living room and bumped into the corner of their china cabinet which caused a significant cut on his eye. Okay, so at this point David and I have both had a couple (a term I use lightly) of adult beverages and are panicking. However, after I got up to the room and actually spoke to mom, all was under control. She was able to get a hold of our Hematologist right after it happened and she recommended bringing him into the ER since it sounded like it did require a stitch or two. They had to also administer a dose of factor to ensure the wound would clot properly. After about a 5 hour ordeal, the kids were back at my parents house asleep. David and I finally went to bed around midnight and got up at 6am to get back early this morning. Needless to say, we all had good naps this afternoon.

The sad part was that yesterday was Olivia's birthday and I feel like it took backseat to all the other events. She did have a mini party at my parents before the accident, and she is still talking about how the cake was the best she had ever eaten. Luckily she is also still young enough, that I think the trip to the ER was more of an adventure than her missing out of anything. We have her "official" birthday party this next weekend so we'll keep talking that up. Here are a couple of pictures that I took this afternoon. I'm sure the cut on Reece's eye will turn a few different shades of purple so I'll take some follow up pics in the next day or so.

On Tuesday, we meet with the surgeon about his port surgery so please keep us in your thoughts this week. We'll post after that meeting to keep everyone up to speed.


No comments: