Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All Ready

Well, I think we're as ready for tomorrow as we're going to be. Olivia is packed and off to mom's, Reece has more stuff than 4 women, and I have the Uhaul.....David's bringing a Ziploc bag for his suitcase. We bought an inflatable mattress to put on top of the pull out couch for us to sleep on, therefore we had to bring our own sheets, blanket and pillows. While I'm at it I packed a couple of towels from home since I know hospital towels are like sandpaper. I also went ahead and packed all of Reece's food (for a week) since I just know how picky he is and will probably refuse the hospital food and starve to death...or at least complain enough that I'll go mad. I also have enough clothes for about a month...you never know what the attire will be on the 4th floor. I'm not sure if I'll feel like wearing cute shorts, or maybe my pj's all day so I'll just bring lots of both. I've also packed a fitted crib sheet from home and all of Reece's toys and blankets from his bed to make the hospital, cage, I mean crib more comfy. I asked David if he would like anything special from home and he said, nah, "IF I take a shower or anything, I'll just come home". Okay, IF he takes a shower...right we're in a shoe box sized room sharing what looks like a twin size mattress under a tremendous amount of stress...he IS taking a shower daily and if he doesn't pack accordingly, he just might smell like Wild Honeysuckle Bath & Body Works shower gel all week :o)

Yep, I'm a little crazy today, but in good spirits. The surgery is set for 9:30am but we have to be there at 8am to start the factor treatment. I'll post again sometime tomorrow to let everyone know how it went.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'll be checking in tomorrow...praying it all goes well.

Alison H. said...

I have been thinking about you! We will be praying for your little angel:)

Cindy said...

Praying for your little guy...and for you both as well.