Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Anyone Up For Grilling Out?

When Jaime and I decided to move, there were many things on our list that we really wanted to have. I use the term "our list" loosly.......primarily due to the fact that my list only included a 3 car garage and a new outdoor BBQ. Well, we are two months in and finally done with the outdoor BBQ which turned into a kitchen with fireplace. A huge thanks goes out to Georgetown Stone for providing the rock to make our outdoor BBQ much more that I ever expected. In addition, an even bigger thanks goes out to Jack Smithwick for helping us with all the Masonry work. We truly could not have had something so nice without your generosity.

Initially I was thinking I could make my old grill fit into a countertop, but that was nixed when I discovered how rusted out that thing was. Just because the cover is stainless doesn't mean the rest of it will not rust out. Luckily Lowe's is going out of season on grills and we were able to pick up a completely stainless built-in on clearance. Jaime and I grilled out some steaks tonight for the first time and man were they good. Look forward to lots of invitations once it gets cooler outside.


Here are some pics of the progression and final product.





Half Way Thru!!



The Finished Product!! I still need to build a door for the propane tanks.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am envious Dave.