Saturday, January 12, 2008

Mom of the Year??

Okay, so not that I'm usually a candidate for Mom of the Year, but I think I may have really blown my chance this time! On Thursday Olivia and I took Reece outside so he could watch us play soccer. We took his Bumbo so he could sit up and watch us kick the ball around. Well, the excursion was short lived because Reece kept pulling up the grass and trying to eat it. So we came inside and that was the end of it. Well, last night Reece had the hardest time sleeping. He was up every hour crying but just took the passy and went back to sleep. Finally from 4-5am he just cried nonstop and the passy wasn't doing it for him, so I just gave in and got up. After his bottle we played on the floor for awhile. However, every time he could open his mouth I could see this dark object in the roof of his mouth. At first I thought it was a hole and I was beginning to panic. However, when I put my finger in there I found this.....

A LEAF!!!!!

He must have picked it up on THURSDAY while we were outside and I never knew it. Tell me that doesn't disqualify me for Mom of the Year??? I feel just horrible. I'm assuming it was hurting and that is why he didn't sleep. Poor guy. Luckily, even though the leaf had some sharp edges he doesn't seem to have any cuts where it was lodged. Anywho, I just thought I would share my story in hopes that I'm not the only mom who has done something like this :o)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't fret! We've all had simlar experiences. Sarah told me once that Bryan had eaten fly bait. I immediatley called the doctor, and dosed Bryan with Ipecac. Later Sarah told me she had told a little story. It made for a LONG afternoon!
Looking so forward to seeing you, your Mom, and Olivia!

Lilye said...

Girl, I can without a doubt say I am not a qualified Mom of the Year! I know somewhere along the way I have done something that my kids will remind me when they are older. A friend of mine telling me that her son had swallowed a screw. She freaked and called the doctor. The doctor told her it should pass through his system. Sure enough he passed the screw through when he went to the restroom the next day!

Lindsay said...

Gabe got a hold of one of the little cloth balls on one of our throw pillows and it stuck to the roof of his mouth. It was tan, so when I saw it in there it looked like a huge tumor or something. It totally freaked me out, when I finally got the nerve to touch it, it moved and fell out and I about fainted. It was so gross and I totally thought he had mouth cancer or something terrible like that! It's a terrible feeling to miss something like that, especially when you look back and realize they were trying to tell you. It happens to all of us! :)

Thanks for your email the other day! Check my blog Monday, my friend Carly will be updating for me...

Sarah Elles said...

Mom, I wish you wouldn't tell people that I tried to poison my brother.

Jaime, I can't get over how big Olivia is! And Reece looks just like David! Wow! They're darling. Ya'll have fun in Mt. Pleasant this weekend.