Monday, January 21, 2008

Girls Only Weekend

Well, Mom and I took Olivia up to Mt. Pleasant this weekend to visit my Aunt Annaleisa, Uncle Don, and Pops (my grandfather). It was so much fun. Olivia's last official trip was May of last year so she was REALLY excited to go. We drove the 5 hrs (one way) in mom's car with the DVD player, which is a must when travelling with little ones. She did such a great job too. The hotel was a huge hit. They had two queen beds and a sofa that pulled out into a bed, so Olivia claimed the sofa bed (thank goodness). She thought it was a big sleep over I think :o)

My aunt and uncle have 4 Black and Tan coon dogs which Olivia thought were sooo fun. I think her favorite was Priscilla, because she likes to give LOTS of kisses. Loretta was mom's fave, though, because she is the most laid back. They were all adorable though!

We also got to go to my aunt's flower shop, there in town, where she has two cats, Sigfried and Roy, that live in the shop. Olivia LOVES cats and they didn't mind her smothering them for awhile. What a great trip! It was so wonderful to visit with all of them that we don't get to see nearly enough. Too bad Sarah, Brian and Joe couldn't have been there. Those are my cousins, which I also never get to see. We miss you all very much! Hopefully we will take another girls only trip back this summer when they have some puppies, though, I may never get Olivia to leave.

No comments: