Thursday, January 24, 2008

Goodbye Reagan

Well, my sweet Reagan left us yesterday. After his surgery last month, he really never fully recovered. He developed paralyses in his back end which finally prevented him from standing at all. Because of his lack of control over bodily functions, we were forced to leave him outside, which he's never had to do. He was just so unhappy. It took me awhile to realize it was the right thing to do, but he is now in a better place. He has been such a huge part of my life for the last 11 years and he will be missed so much. There will never be a another dog like him, but I'm so glad for the time we had together. I finally dug out some really old pictures of him to share. I believe that even animals go to Heaven so I'm comforted by knowing that others are enjoying him until our times comes to be reunited again.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so sorry about Reagan, Jaime...

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Jaime. I know it was a horrible decision to have to make, but you know you did the right thing for Reagan.
We love you all.

Anonymous said...

FYI...I just found the one that you sent me of you & him on the bed in the hotel room on that ski trip. He was still a puppy, but a REALLY BIG ONE! You sent it to me, so I could see what he looked like b/c I hadn't gottent to see him yet. I am glad we got to talk yesterday and hope I get to see you next week!
Love ya,
Alicia

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about your family and the loss of Reagan...what precious memories you have with him!
Love,
Alison

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Reagan. I believe dogs go to heaven. God created them so they have the great gift of going to see their maker.