Monday, November 5, 2007

Pilgrimage to Canton

Well, my girlfriend Maryann and I made the journey to the shoppers holy land AKA Canton Trade Days! For those who aren't familiar, it is a shopping paradise for all kinds of creative and unique items you can't find anywhere else. We went up on Thursday night and shopped Friday and drove back that afternoon. Let me just say, that I think most people in north Texas (and possibly the surrounding states) were ALL THERE the same day we were! It's was so crowded. Thank goodness we got there right at 8am on Friday, because by noon you couldn't even get down the isles. We did have lots of success and a great time as well.

Maryann was the perfect person for me to go with, because we had our priorities totally in line! Had some yummy Mexican food when we got there Thur. afternoon, a few frozen beverages, but were back at the hotel in plenty of time to see Survivor and Grey's Anatomy! What a great trip!! We've decided we will be going back....just after the holidays the next time :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous...I wish I lived only an hour away like I used to!!! I can't wait to hear about what treasures you found.
Alison

Lindsay said...

I have never been to Canton, I know that's really sad. A few of my friends were there this past weekend too. Maybe one day I'll make it.