Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Factor Results

Well, finally we have the results from the factor test from the Hematologist today. They came back that his level is 1% which is actually better than when we had him tested in the NICU. I haven't confirmed this with the doctor, but per the Hemophilia.org website this puts him just barely in the moderate category! I'll hold off my cheers for when we actually see the Hematologist in January. However, it is better news than I thought. Here is how the website breaks down the categories.

Normal Range - 50% to 200%
Subnormal Range - 25% to 49%
Mild Hemophilia - 6% to 24%
Moderate Hemophilia - 1% to 5%
Severe Hemophilia - Less than 1%

Well, speaking of......I hear someone calling my name through the monitor, so I'll be posting more later!

No comments: