Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dr. Visit Yesterday

Okay, sorry for the delay in the update on the appointment we had yesterday. Reece came down with Olivia's cold last night and it has been a LONG 24hrs around here.

The appointment went pretty well actually. We got right in this time thank goodness. Our dedicated nurse and an assistant were the ones who did it. Reece was REALLY mad about having the tourniquet put on his arm and he especially didn't like everyone holding him down. Therefore when we got to the needle part he was already so mad I don't even think he noticed. The first try he jerked and caused the nurse to poke him wrong...it two places, so had to move to plan B....his other arm. Even though the nurses didn't think the vein was as pronounced on this arm she popped the needle right and a couple of second later we had what we needed.

Later in the night I noticed that where we had taken his bandage off of his first arm, it had continued to bleed onto his PJs. I just put a band aid on though and it stopped. The other arm that we actually got the blood from has a pretty good bruise on it. These two things really lead me to believe that he is still going to show less than 1% factor.

The nurse told us that it would be a week for the results, but I'll be calling and bugging them starting Friday :o) I'm so ready to find out if all his issues really do have a root cause. As soon as I know, I'll let you all know.

On a lighter note, Olivia has her Thanksgiving program and "feast" as school tomorrow. I'm sure it's going to be really cute. I'll take some pictures and post them when I get a chance. I just can't believe that Thanksgiving is NEXT week. It seems like I just slept right through summer!!

No comments: