Friday, June 13, 2008

Raising Parents

It is said that most children overcome obstacles by not fearing failure. We tell them that mistakes will happen and they are only a way to let us try things again. We make mistakes to learn. I am going to take a dose of my own medicine this week.



I have struggled a little with making sure that Reece is treated like any other child, hemophilia or not. At least treat him the same as we did Olivia at this age. Obviously we take extra precautions, but by far our family handles him much more cautiously that Jaime or I. Enter this week....................I was playing with Reece and threw him in the air which he absolutely loves. He laughs so hard. Two days later:



Thumb prints. These bruises do not seem to bother him, and Jaime and I are getting more used to seeing bruises on him, however it is never easy knowing that you caused them. Needless to say, I will not be doing that again.

Dave

No comments: