Monday, October 8, 2007

Santa Fe

Well, we're back! David and I had such a great time in Santa Fe this weekend! His company sponsored a trip and all the spouses were invited. I'll be honest, I assumed there would be a lot of turquoise jewelry and some Navajo blankets and that would be the extent of Santa Fe. I was SO wrong. We took a tour the first day and the lady gave us some much great info. There is a ton of art galleries, and more historical sites than you can count. The oldest church in the US is there, for you Jeopardy buffs. Built in 1610, who would have thought?? While we were there we stayed at a Resort/Spa which was my first time. I had a facial and David and I did a couples massage. I also got 3 nights of uninterrupted sleep...that was my highlight :o) We did a horse back trip up one of the mountains by the resort which had an incredible view from the top. The food and night life was also great. The highlight for David was the antique car show going on Friday night. We took as many pictures of the cars there, as we did on the entire rest of the trip :o) Bottom line is we will be going back some day. We didn't have enough time to do all the things we wanted to, but it was relaxing and we had great company. What more could I ask for? Here are some pics from the trip.

Also, Reece has his next appointment with the Hematologist tomorrow. I'm not sure what to expect, so I'm a little anxious. Please keep us in your thought tomorrow. I'll let you all know how it turns out.


Horse back tour group



David and I before dinner


At Dinner


View from our room at sunrise


View inside one of the churches


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John.........note the A&M koozie that I carried all weekend.

Also........the church stairwell you see was built with no nails or screws.....Pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Ya'll look soo relaxed! I can't wait to hear more about it. We will say a prayer that Reece's dr. appt. goes well tomorrow:)
Alison

Anonymous said...

The A&M koozie was the first thing I noticed.

I'm suprised that you didn't wear your "Jersey" with it.

Cool pictures. You need to post pics of the cars.