Monday, December 22, 2008

Prayer Request

Okay, so I don't usually post anything like this on the blog but I think this time it's necessary. There is a mom who I've met via the internet who has a son around Reece's age who also has hemophilia. She also has a blog that I read regularly. Well, at Thanksgiving her little guy had a massive spontaneous bleed in his brain that he luckily recovered from in full. Since then they have been infusing him via a PICC Line. With a PICC line or a port like Reece has, whenever the child develops a fever they are admitted into the hospital to determine if they have developed some type in infection relating to their device. Here is a link to her blog and I would like you all to read this story. This is such a reality check for me. I feel like it is only a matter of time before we encounter something like this.

I'm Bruised Not Broken

Please keep this family in your thoughts / prayers during this Christmas!

1 comment:

Mike G. said...

Jaime,
Thanks for the kind words on my son's blog. Ironically I found Sara's blog by reading "The Cowan Crew" after it came up on my search for hemophilia related blogs. Thanks for pointing out her story, its a heart breaker, but it looks like Sara has a handle on the situation. It's amazing the things you can handle when you put your mind to it, especially when its for your child.

All the best to you and your handsome family in 2009!

Mike